Going forward you can expect the following to occur:
September 15-October 1: RENEWAL NOTICES
- Each insurance company will send out 2017 Renewal Notices
- The notice will only include the FULL RETAIL PREMIUMS, yes premiums are going up, HOWEVER so is your APTC credit if you qualify
- Most people will continue with their existing plans with minimal changes like deductibles adjusting slightly or out of pocket adjusting slightly to meet the Federal Metallic Plan Standards
October 15-November 1: DHW will be mailing (they only use mail) your APTC determination letter for 2017. Letter will include:
- Who is eligible for tax credits
- Who is eligible for Medicaid- children if your household income is below 180% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Finally what the APTC Credit value will be for the household
AT THIS POINT CALL STEVE MARSH AT 433-8312 TO SCHEDULE A TIME TO REVIEW YOUR OPTIONS AND PREPARE FOR OPEN ENROLLMENT
November 1-January 31st OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS WITH YHI
- APTC will be deposited into your YHI Account
- Consumers will be able to review plans
- Confirm existing plan
- Make Plan Changes
DECEMBER 15th-LAST DAY TO MAKE CHANGES FOR A JANUARY 1 EFFECTIVE DATE
IF you are happy with your current plan, please call and tell us to KEEP your existing plan.
IF you want to make changes, PLEASE CALL ME to assist you with changes to your HEALTH POLICY. This year there are many changes to certain plans and networks. It will be extremely important to choose the right network or hospital system you want care from, then we will choose the best insurance plan.
It is really important you read ALL NOTICES completely, not just the first page if multiple pages. If you don’t understand after reading the entire notice, call the phone number at the bottom of the notice. If you still don’t understand, CALL ME, but please read the notice first.
Finally, the Advance Premium Tax Credit APTC Average is close to $5-$6000 a year. To receive the APTC its worth your time to READ all notices (and yes we realize there are a lot of them) and respond to DHW when they ask for documentation in a timely manner. This is honestly the single most common issue families are having with the entire process is following up on needed information. CALL ME WHEN IN DOUBT!
I truly appreciate allowing me to be your trusted advisor for your insurance needs. Please call with questions and to schedule your 2017 Renewal.